Filled with tasty apples with cinnamon and brown sugar from wheat – rye bread flour. It looks outstanding, works well with coffer or tea and reminds me of family meetings. It is so tasty, so its disappear in a blink of an eye.
To remember, that sheeted batter need to be straightaway transferred on oven-pan, previously sprinkled with olive oil. Thankfully to that you will not have to move ready cake, its prevent from damaging your cake. Yes, I did it. Proud of myself I have done my cake on wooden chop board. It looked amazing, but I needed to bake it. Finally I found solution how to transfer it on over-pan, but it was not easy. I do not recommend this experience to anybody. Sheeted batter straight on the over ban and there do all your job and you will not have any problems.
Inspiration for my today baking experiments founded here. Whereas on blog organization I decided to make it available in two languages. As you can see some of my posts are already in English. As soon as possible everything will be translated.
5 small apples
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp squeezed lemon juice
2 1/2 cup wheat – rye bread flour
1 tbsp instant yeast (7g)
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 cup warm water
3/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup brown sugar
pinch of nutmeg
1. Peel apples, chop them in small cube and toss in oven-pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon, brown sugar and squeezed lemon juice. Mix it gently. Bake for 15 minutes in previously heated oven on 180*C.
2. In big bowl place flour, brown sugar, yeast and salt. Mix well. Than ad olive oil and bit by bit warm water.
3. Knead the batter, if you need add some more flour on your hand, to do not be sticky. Kneaded batter pin out on previously sprinkled with flour chop board/pastry board. Pined out batter transfer on sprinkled with olive oil oven-pan. From left and right side cut stripes horizontally (2 -3 centimeters), leave some space to place vertically apples in the middle.
4. Ready apples remove from the oven (do not turn off oven) and place them vertically on prepared batter. Cut before stripes braid on the filling. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes on previously heated oven on 180*C.
5. In the mean time in small pot mix nutmeg, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Keep it on small heat, stir from time to time. Remove from the heat when sugar melts.
6. Ready cake remove from the oven and spread some glaze on top of it.