Slightly different, but still dumplings filled with delicious sweet potato and served with spinach pesto.
Do you always have problem with folding dumplings? Never again! because someone discovered ravioli. I like dumplings so much, I could have eat them everyday. Always when it come to folding I am wondering how it gonna look in the end. Since today I do not have this problem, because I make ravioli. Two square pieces, one on another with feeling inbetween, kneaded edges and voila :). Nothing falls apart in hands.
1 cup wheat flour (type 650)
3/4 cup rye’s flour (type 720)
2 tbsp grounded flax seeds
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
1 medium sweet potato
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsps yeast flakes
1 / 2 tsp kala namak salt
1/3 tsp chilli
pinch of nutmeg
2 cup thick loaded spinach
1/2 cup cashews ( or other nuts )
1/3 cup oil
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp yeast flakes
salt + pepper
- Peel and chop garlic and place in blender container with oil, nuts, yeast flakes and spinach. In the end season with salt and pepper. Blend till is smooth.
- Place sweet potato in oven and set it on 200*C and bake around 1 hour till is soften. You will be able to smoothy insert fork.
- In the meantime peel and chop garlic and onion, than heat oil on pan. Glaze onion on it, in the end add garlic, gilli and nutmeg.
- Baked sweet potato place in bowl, cut in half and remove all pulp, throw away skin. Add onion to the bowl, yeast flakes and kala namak. Stir and mash it with a fork or just blend.
- In big bowl combine flour, salt and grounded flax seeds. In cup combine water and oil. Add cup content to the bowl, stir it than knead it well. Should be elastic and do not stick to hands or bowl.
- Kneaded batter devide in four pieces. Sprinkle chopping board with fould and roll one piece of batter. Cut out equal squares.
- Place half of squares on board and place on them 1/2 tsp of filling, cover with another square, knead edges with fork.
- Ready ravioli place on boiling water and cook till they flows.
serve with pesto